Knit Happens

Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Knitter's (k)Nightmare (or "Why My Husband is Supposed to Stay Away From My Laundry")

I finished the hourglass sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts in approximately two weeks. I used the Moda Dea Bamboo Wool in Celery. I got many compliments on the sweater when I wore it to work and to happy hour last Friday. The pattern is very flattering to any body type, creating the look of an hourglass figure even if your body type doesn't sport hourglass-like curves. The yarn is soft and comfortable, and drapes in the most gorgeous way. Absolutely fabulous, and I became totally enamored of this sweater, vowing that it would be worn again and again and again.

Yesterday, since he was home for the week and the kids were occupied with the computer and videos and games received during the Christmas gift bonanza, Hubby decided to "help" by doing my laundry.

He was setting aside anything that should not be tumbled dry. Somehow, the bamboo hourglass sweater did not get set aside and instead joined the permanent press load. Warm water, cool rinse, regular agitation. Then it went into the dryer. Tumble dry, low heat.

The Moda Dea website says that the bamboo wool is wonderful for felting projects. I would be happy to submit an example of how nicely it felts. I will do so as soon as I stop crying about the dense, minisweater laying on the drying rack in my laundry room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home