Knit Happens

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Pictures! I've got pictures

the purse
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And check this out:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a box of buttons. Most people are not terribly drawn to buttons. I am not most people.

My great-aunt passed away a few days ago. She was a wonderful woman, and I respect that she had made the decision not to have any more surgery or chemo or anything to fight against her cancer. The hospice service kept her comfortable, and she let go while I was on the way to her apartment to say good-bye. While puttering around her place with my parents and my sister, I peeked at her embroidery project, crochet needles, pattern books, and sewing table. And I found the button box. Every sewer, and many other needlecrafters, have one. And after the funeral today, when everyone was sharing the memories associated with various items in the house, one of the cousins told me I should take anything that I wanted. All I asked for was the box of buttons. As I complete more purse and handbag projects, I plan to use these buttons. I plan to use some of them practically, but some of them are purely decorative. There are rhinestones and metal tones and fabrics and designs. And every one that I use in one of my knitting projects, these projects that relax me and help me deal with my stress and give me a sense of accomplishment will also be a link to Mimi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home