Knit Happens

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Get thee to a Staples! (And other random ramblings)

I need to get an additional memory card. The current card is full of pictures that my husband took over the summer, but he doesn't know how to download them to his computer, and I don't know for sure where the card reader is anyway, especially since said husband keeps "cleaning up" various areas of the house (including our computer room) and not telling me where he stashed stuff that I used to know the location of. And the reason I am posting the need for a memory card for the digital camera on my knitting blog is because I owe pictures to the interweb. I have a sweater in progress to replace the one Hubby threw in the wash (RIP, celery green hourglass sweater), and I finished a cute scarf made from fun fur and skinny ribbon, and I'm working on another scarf with the silk/wool yarn leftover from one of Hubby's stocking stuffer presents. I also have some ideas percolating for a number of other accessories, so I plan to give pictures of the development and progress thereof.

We've sort of started a knitting group at work. I got an email from one of the IT ladies, who heard I did some knitting, and we meet on Fridays in the main lunchroom. Today she called me to ask for some help with getting cast on for a pair of socks, since she has never worked with dpn projects before (I avoid double points whenever possible, but know enough to help out.) And we saw the lady who started the knitting group, and she told us she is leaving! Next Friday is her last day! And I am sad! (You can tell I am emotional because of the plethora of exclamation points!) She is funny and friendly and totally cool, but she is leaving to go to grad school! So I have become the default 'master knitter' (which, I totally am not. Master Knitter is an actual designation and all, which I have not earned in the slightest. So I guess I should encourage the group to call me the Lead Stitch Bitch or the Queen of all Needles or something.)

My sister's birthday is tomorrow and I had intended to make her a knitted rat, but that kind of didn't happen, so I feel like a lousy sister. Maybe I can work really hard to get one done over the weekend and leave it on her desk on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home